Group Therapy Treatments

Group Therapy Treatments

Group Therapy Treatments

Are you looking for place to read full E-Books without downloading? You can also read and download new and old full E-Books. DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FOR FREE


 Group Therapy Treatments


Group Therapy Treatments


In treatment, ground rules for therapy are: no gum chewing, smoking, or other distractions. Deal with the here and now, how you feel in the present moment. Speak for yourself in the first person, not of "you" or "we" but "I." Speak directly to an individual rather than to someone else about him or her. Be aware of the roles you play and your body messages. Be aware of how people in group remind you of other significant people in your life. Be an active listener. Expect periods of silence and postgroup feelings. A simple contract is made: to be honest, chemically free, and respect the confidentiality of the group. The same rules can apply to whatever group you choose to join during the twenty-eight days of this program, whether it is with a professional therapist or in an Anonymous meeting.


 


Visit the Web's Most Respected Diet Information Site!


 


Ground rules for self-expression are very specific, for they clear the air of the smoke screen of nonfeeiings and disbelief. Saying "1 can't" is not allowed. It is a precondition of the mind, hardly ever of reality. It was once said that people can't go to the moon, can't fly, can't talk to each other over long distances through a wire, can't see pictures on a box in their living room. "Can't" is a self limiting thought that means you haven't come up with the right combination of actions to make it happen. "1 can't" is corrected to "1 won't" at Janet Greeson's "A Place For Us."


"I don't know" is also not allowed. "I don't want to tell you" or "I don't believe in myself" or "I don't want to make the effort to find out" is what "I don't know" really means. "I'll try" is passive-aggressive. People don't change sitting on the fence. When that phrase is used at Janet Greeson's "A Place For Us" we say, "Trying is lying." "1 should" is also forbidden, and anyone who usesit will be told to "Stop shoulding on yourself." The word


 


Visit the Web's Most Respected Diet Information Site!


.Are you looking full ebook about this topicGet Full Ebook For This Article


Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Back To Top