Are you looking for place to read full E-Books without downloading? You can also read and download new and old full E-Books. DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FOR FREE
In the early 60's it was much like today when a baby was born. The parents welcomed in a new bundle of joy after a long wait. When the baby finally arrives, the nurse cleans the baby off and then it is tested to make sure everything is in working order. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard that medical experts and parents alike count the fingers and toes of the newborn.
Checking to see if they are all there, all ten fingers and toes, this seems to be a sign that all is well. What if they aren't? Does this mean that something is wrong? I ponder this at times, what was it like for my mother and father when they saw that things were not as they should be. Did they blame themselves? Did they wonder what went wrong? Did they worry about me, about how I would handle this? I never did get the answers to those questions, but I would guess that it was the case.
If they were here today I would tell them this,
What if counting your fingers and toes were not such an important passage in to this human life? What if my hand that was born quite small, with fingers webbed together much like a ducks feet, what if this is my own perfection? My own little piece of Cindy perfection, ducky hand and all! I like this story better, my story of being me, which was made just the way it was supposed to be. Some people say that I have a kind of Polly Anna attitude around this, but one thing I know for sure is this: Do what works for you. My Polly Anna attitude works wonders for me.
When my children were born we did not count the fingers and toes, we just looked in to their amazing faces and saw the light they brought to the room. How perfect they were in our eyes. I think most parents see the same thing in their children, just how beautiful, amazing and full of light they are. This is the case with parents, but what about the rest of the world? What if we all looked at each other looking for the exquisiteness in each of us? Just seeing the radiance that we all carry within?
Would our own personal world be a better place?
I like to think so, don't you?
I have long stopped the counting of fingers and toes of myself and others. I have changed how I view myself in this world and thus changed how I see the rest of the human population. A likeness of me is what I like to see as I look out to the human landscape. So I look for splendor, for the beauty of others. Do you know what I find? I find if I open my heart to see the magnificence of others, then all they see is my beauty reflecting back to them.
So as you can see I have done OK, Mom and Dad if you are out there reading down on this you can see that there is no need to worry, I'm just as beautiful as everyone else.
.Are you looking full ebook about this topicGet Full Ebook For This Article

